Project Management Services
Project Management Service Request for Proposal
Long Beach Medical Center (LBMC) is pleased to offer you the opportunity to submit a proposal for the above captioned services. LBMC encourages women and minority businesses to respond to this Request for Proposal.
The scope of the project includes:
Assist the Owner by providing Project Management Services during the design, construction and close-out phases of the project. Reporting through CFO Barry Stern, the following services are requested:
1. Program administration services may include, but are not limited to, the following:
a. Coordination with some if not all of the following entities, as applicable:
The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA)
United States Army Corps of Engineers (USACE)
United States Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)
Department of Transport (DOT) Federal Highway Association (FHWA)
New York State Department of Health Services
Nassau County Fire Marshall
City of Long Beach, NY
Other relevant local, state and federal agencies dealing with the project
Other professional service disciplines deemed necessary
Long Beach Medical Center (LBMC) departments
b. Facilitate coordination of meetings and exchange documentation with:
Owner’s resources to include, but not limited to, Public Safety & Facilities Services
c. Review all invoices for the project
Anticipated Cost Reports
Budgeting / Cost Analysis
All scheduling / reporting systems must be compatible with LBMC
Prepare and maintain a digital photographic record of the progress of the Work
Provide the Owner with the necessary information and data to maintain a Project website. Inputs include, but are not limited to:
All project documents, minutes of meetings, schedules, budgets, cost reports.
Weekly projection of work to be accomplished for the subsequent week
Photographs of activity from the current week
Special notice for upcoming high noise or high traffic activities
o These special notices may require the creation and distribution of neighborhood flyers
2. Project Management Services will include, but are not limited to:
a. Tracking of all costs
b. Pre-Construction / Design Phase
Assist with the management of design consultant and any necessary sub-consultant services with Owner approval
Design review and coordination
Evaluate scope amendments proposed by the architectural and engineering consultants during design phase and submit recommendations to Owner
Preparation and evaluation of construction cost estimates
The preparation and distribution of bid package
Orchestrate and attend the pre-bid meeting
Responsible for documentation of the pre-bid meeting
Attend bid openings
Prepare and submit to Owner the bid tabulation reviews
c. Construction Phase
Oversee all construction work. Onsite full time as required
In accordance with the construction documents, assist the owner with the procurement of all items
Routine site visits with the architectural and engineering firms to evaluate progress
Insure Quality Assurance & Controls are maintained on the site
Preparation and maintenance of all project file details
Provide ongoing reporting to the Owner
Review, evaluation and recommendation of pay applications and change order proposals
Coordinate and participate in in-process and substantial completion inspections to insure that all punch list items are documented
Provide a Health and Safety plan to include all associated procedures specific to this project
Provide incident reporting – Collect and document information, separate from General Contractor, pertaining to any incident or injury occurring on the construction site
3. Financial Services will include:
Program fiscal monitoring
Insure LBMC bidding, procurement, documentation and payment process are followed
Work with DMS to ensure FEMA protocols are met
1. Repair/replace damaged MEP and architectural/structural elements on the first floor of the Long Beach Memorial Nursing Home.
2. Repair/replace damaged MEP and architectural/structural elements in the basement and upper floors of the LBMC.
3. Repair/replace multiple ancillary facilities located on and around the LBMC campus (list of facilities is attached)
4. Construct new or install modular units of approximately 12,000 square feet to serve as temporary facilities for the LBMC.
Estimated Timeline for Services:
Project duration April 1, 2013 – April 1, 2016
Minimum Resource Requirements:
Senior Project Manager
Junior Project Manager
Proposal Issued March 1, 2013
Response Due March 30, 2013
Selection of a Firm April 15, 2013
Form of Agreement:
Submit form of agreement Project Management Firm prefers
Project Management Services will be provided at an hourly rate to be documented within the invoices to the Owner. The firm will provide as part of this RFP a guaranteed maximum price for these services which shall become a part of the Agreement. All invoices must clearly designate the charges that are related to Project Management.
1. Identify the hourly rate for each resource classification in the Minimum Resource Requirements section above.
2. Identify the individual as written in the agreement that will perform the duties for each resource classification in the Minimum Resource Requirements section above, along with their qualifications to fulfill the duties. The Minimum Resource Requirements does not establish a head count for the firm. It is possible one person might fill multiple roles.
3. Provide an estimate of reimbursable expenses and any markup if applicable to the reimbursable expenses
4. Provide a brief narrative discussing availability of staff within your firm to execute this project and such narrative will be written into contract for your firm if selected
5. Provide a history of your firm’s involvement with FEMA Funded Hospital Projects to include any Hazard Mitigation Projects, New York State / Hurricane Sandy Hazard Mitigation Projects, any FEMA Projects, and any New York State Construction Projects.
6. Provide a copy of your firm’s current insurance certificate.
See spreadsheet below:
Name 0 0 0 0 0 0
Name 0 0 0 0 0 0
Name 0 0 0 0 0 0
1. The "Schedule 1" provides a category score between 1 and 5 for each of the companies that responded to the RFP.
The score is based on our analysis of the information provided by each company that responsed to the RFP.
2. The category scores in the "Schedule 1" are multiplied by the "Category Weight" given above for each category to provide the weighted score.
3. The sum of the weighted scores for each company above are the total score for each company.
Please address any questions you might have concerning this project to me. I can be reached through one of the following means:
Chief Financial Office
Long Beach Medical Center